Find out if you are prediabetic.
- Sign up for a diabetes prevention program to reduce your risk.
- Eating matters! Increase your fruits and vegetables and cook more meals at home.
- Eat healthy and be more physically active. Losing just 5-7 percent of your body weight can slow or even reverse prediabetes. For a 200 pound person, that’s only 10-15 pounds!
- Walking is a great way to increase your physical activity. It’s good for all fitness levels and just 10 minutes at a time can make a difference!
- Make it a goal to walk 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week to help prevent diabetes and many other chronic diseases.